The Director SHEQ reports to the Managing Director Commercial Waste NL and has a dotted line to the Group SHEQ director.
Renewi located in Eindhoven has a vacancy for a
SHEQ Director (Safety, Health, Environment, Quality)
Eindhoven – landelijk
The Director SHEQ reports to the Managing Director Commercial Waste NL and has a dotted line to the Group SHEQ director, is a member of the CW Management Team and leads the SHEQ Managers and Coordinators in the Commercial Waste regions and business lines.
Safety is our first priority. The SHEQ Director puts health and safety at the top of his/her agenda, praises good practice, never ignores poor practice, leads for safety and engagement at all levels and with all employees and others to improve safety performance.
He/she demonstrates care and consideration for the impact of ideas and decisions on our people, environment and communities and takes action to minimise our impact on the environment. The director will be at the heart of setting strategy, driving safety and SHEQ performance in the Division.
- Initiator, supporter and driver of business improvement initiatives, in particular supporting the harmonisation and standardisation of business processes and the support of SHEQ effectiveness and continuous improvement
- Consults and convinces the organisation of the sense of urgency on complete control on all SHEQ related subjects according to rules, regulations and good practice.
- Delivers first class management reporting to the entire division and upwards to other stakeholders.
- Build strong and effective relationships with group functional experts (and other senior SHEQ leaders), delivering functional initiatives and excellence to the Division.
- Manages continuous improvement of SHEQ policies.
- Leads risk management and sets control actions on all SHEQ themes.
- Is critical on ingrained behavioural patterns and develops a high risk awareness within Commercial Waste.
- Has the competence to shut down and or adjust operations on site should safety be compromised.
- Manages the internal and external audits in order to maintain compliant and maintain necessary certifications.
- As a member of the MT Commercial Waste NL, makes a contribution to the strategic planning for Commercial Waste NL.
- Maintains internal contact with internal management boards, senior management of other functional corporate service departments and with other stakeholders and project leaders in order to coordinate activities.
Maintains external contact with local health and safety authorities, governmental and environmental authorities
- Master education level of professional and intellectual ability as a minimum.
- At least 10 years of experience in a managerial/people management position covering SHEQ responsibilities in industrial service driven businesses.
Excellent technical knowledge of SHEQ systems, and safety and environmental law, techniques and management.
All the opportunities to develop yourself in a challenging and alternate job, within an organisation that keeps moving. We have a flat organisational structure which helps the short communicationstrings. Because of the short strings the atmosphere is open and informal.
Would you like some information first? Please contact Wendy Wernert, HR Director NL, tel: +31 (0)4075 14000.
Apply on this job!
Are you interested? Please leave your CV and motivation behind on our online application page.
Is this jobdescription not for you, but do you know someone who would fit perfectly? Send him/her this vacancy.
We perform the recruitmentprocess for this vacancy ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Solliciteer op deze functie